Marketing and social media executive
Nature of Role
18Players are a fast-growing, full-service creative agency specialising in sport. We offer a range of digital and print content services including contract publishing, web design and development, web hosting, brand development, graphic design, video production, copy writing, animation, social media and campaign management.
We create magazines, populate websites, write mailer copy and run social media channels on behalf of multiple members’ organisations and prestigious golf clubs.
Our key proposition is that we find solutions, build them, nurture them and bring them to life. We have a heritage in golf – and a client book that extends throughout the world of sport.
This is an opportunity to work with some of the UK’s biggest sporting organisations, brands, venues and governing bodies – as well as with NCG, our in-house consumer golf brand. You will pay a key role with some of our biggest clients as we expand our content team to meet a period of growth.
As our marketing and social media executive you will play a key role in ensuring that we deliver brilliant content. You will report to, and work on a day-to-day basis with, the Marketing Manager, as well as the rest of the 18Players team, the NCG team and, of course, our clients.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Implementing SEO strategy on pages on the NCG website – with agency support
- Implementing domain authority strategy on the NCG website – with agency support
- Working on the social media channels of 18Players’ clients, who are invariably well known golf clubs and resorts
- Working on the NCG social media channels, creating assets and scheduling posts and responding to breaking news in the world of golf
- Building, getting approval and sending commercial newsletters out on behalf of NCG’s commercial partners
- Marketing our NCG podcasts, creating assets and scheduling mailers and social posts
- Creating NCG editorial newsletters based on the latest content our team have produced
- Working on the marketing and social media channels for our thriving NCG Top 100s Tour
- Working on 18Players’ own social media channels to build awareness of the agency
- You must have knowledge of and an interest in golf – it would be a massive advantage if you also played golf
- You must be skilled at using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- You must be familiar with Google Search Console and Semrush for SEO work
- You must be proficient at using Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications
- You will be able to build and send out mailers using programmes like Pure 360 and Mail Chimp
- You will be comfortable working in standard CMS programmes like WordPress.
- You will be strong relationship builder, balancing the client, the work and the team on a daily basis
- You will be a flexible multi-tasker ready to turn your hand to the needs of the agency on any given day
Our offices are based in a leafy North Leeds suburb, close to Scarcroft. We offer a flexible approach to office working and most of our staff work in a hybrid fashion, with days each week spent in the office and at home. When in the office, we can offer a state-of-the-art gym, Sky TV and proper coffee.
The package includes a phone, laptop, pension, 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays) and access to our company-wide bonus scheme.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Yearly bonus
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Leeds, LS17 9BF
Application deadline: 31/01/2024